Thursday, July 5, 2012

'Merica, with my hand on my heart.

This 4th of July was pretty low key. There was some pool fun with Giovanni, Jamie, Marco and Krista, and then some banging grilled chicken and veggies. 

After dinner, I headed to Dahlonega for some fun times with the little, and some awesome fireworks! I lived in Dahlonega for 7 years, but somehow I managed to always be out of town for the 4th, so seeing the fireworks on the drill field was amazing. Lauren and I were able to walk right up to the drill field, and find seats, just as the fireworks started.

On Tuesday night, I decided that I needed something festive for Wednesday, so I made these...

 I followed these instructions, except instead of a stencil, I free hand painted the stars...mainly because I forgot to buy a stencil.

 Next on the list are a pair of Union Jack shorts, so I can get on my Olympic pride at an Opening Ceremonies party!

No comments:

Post a Comment