Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Hair

So I've never really had a signature "seasonal style", but I think I may change that this summer. My new obsession is anything and everything that's NOT a ponytail.

Now I know that sounds sort of silly, but my hair is pretty long and I have been wearing it up a lot with the summer heat. I've found myself intrigued with every possible way to wear my hair other than in a ponytail. Here are some of my current favorites...




   
Clockwise: Waterfall braid, sock bun, dutch braid, and fishtail braid

I have also worn braids in a circle around my head, which I love along with a flower in it. The best part is that these hairstyles are year round styles and they are simple alternatives to a ponytail and take very little time to do.

There is something about braids and buns that take me back to being a little girl, but are still so chic. I learned how to do most of these styles by watching tutorials on youtube.

If you have any other "non ponytails", please share them...I can't wait to try more styles this summer!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment