Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dancing Purple Hooters!!

Today was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Atlanta. I loved being a part of this race, and it was by far the LARGEST group of people I've ever seen wearing shirts that all has to do with boobs! HA! There was our team, "Dancing Purple Hooters", team "Hello Titty" (my personal fave, I almost died laughing when I saw this one), a team called "Save second base" and tons more.



It was so special to run this race with so many people who had all been touched in some way by this horrendous disease. At the end of the race, there was a special lane for survivors to finish in, where they were awarded with medals and flowers. I got particularly emotional when my friend's mom finished, but also when a sweet elderly woman finished and I saw that her back "I run in celebration of" tag said "Myself, 18 years!"...I was choking back the tears for hot second there! 

I will definitely be running this race again, and I had so much fun with the entire team! It was an amazing and exhausting day...I think Giovanni sums it all up in one picture...


No comments:

Post a Comment