Thursday, April 26, 2012

Banks Bradley

I don't have any siblings. I like it that way. 100%. No doubt. Wouldn't change it for the world.

So obviously, I have no nieces or nephews. I will NEVER marry an only child, just to remedy this issue. So, when my friends call me their childrens' "aunt", it sends me over the moon. I melt into a puddle of emotional, hold back the tears mush. 

Ok so. My friend Amy is a mom. And that means that her husband Bill is a dad. I think I needed to type that so that I can comprehend it. That said, I need to also type this... I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER FOR THEM!!!

Banks Bradley entered the world on April, 25th, 2012 at 4:04pm. He weighs 6lbs. 9oz. and is 19 in., such a little cutie! 

But let me start at the beginning. Amy and I have been friends since approximately January 17th, 2005. (Yes Amy, that was my bid day.) She was my Mama Squirrel (I won't go into what this means, but it's very official and Amy gets it). I also very quickly realized that Amy is me 2 years in the future, or I'm her 2 years in the past, or something like that. Either way, we get each other. She is the only person that understands and relates to how awkward I can be in any and every situation that requires composure. 
 I will ALWAYS appreciate her for this. 

I was lucky enough to be a part of Amy and Bill's engagement scavenger hunt and also their wedding. (The "R") I love this couple so much. They are my cool friends. I mean I feel cooler when I hang out with them. It's true.




So I went to visit Banks last night, because let's be honest, as much as I love Amy and Bill, I never go visit them. Sorry guys. This will change starting yesterday at 4:04pm. So after I spent some precious time with my friends and this precious little bundle, it was time for mommy and baby to get some rest. Bill was walking us (some other friends had come to visit as well) out to our cars and he said "Aunt Vic". I nearly passed out in the hallway. Bill, in case you don't remember this, which you probably don't, it happened. So don't take it back.

So this brings the count of my pseudo nieces and nephews to 3. Brogan, Giovanni and Banks. I love them all as if each of their moms were my sisters and hope to be an awesome aunt to each one of them!
 Challenge accepted.

P.S. Amy, this last picture is just for fun. It has little relevance to this blog, but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it...

No comments:

Post a Comment