Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Happiest 5K on the planet...no, really.

Today I ran the most fun 5K ever, The Color Run. I never thought I'd say that about a 5K, but I already can't wait to run it again next year!


 There were THOUSANDS of people there, but I went with Krista, her sister Nicole and sister-in-law Becky, along with her aunts Jill and Mignon, and had an amazing time! After we tatted ourselves up (with the tattoos included in our running packets) and got our numbers on, we headed to the starting line, where we had to wait for our heat to start.



I started the race at a nice pace, but then (as no shock to me) my shins started killing me and I committed to walking the rest of the way. It has been a while since my last 5K,(which was a lot of walking, with sporadic running and weaving through crowded Atlanta streets), so I wasn't surprised that my endurance was not that great. However, I got a nice surprise at the end when I decided to finish out the race running and still shaved about 12 minutes off my last 5K time. I guess even my walking pace has improved over my old running pace. As embarrassing as that is, I'll embrace it.

I am already planning another 5K in May with my cousin and her daughter, and possibly a "graffiti run"??? But, hey, I'll go for any gimmick that gets me a "free" t-shirt!!




No comments:

Post a Comment